Printing via a cloud service connects smartphones, tablets, laptops, and workstations to printer stations. You’re no longer dependent on traditional printer cables and software (not to mention software driver glitches), device connectivity, or compatibility.
With a cloud print server, you use links that allow the receipt of digital information using the cloud. The result is seamless cloud printing solutions working across all your platforms, no matter user location or hardware.
What Is a Cloud Printer?
Cloud printing lets you print via an internet-connected device. The service routes print jobs using a PC, tablet, laptop, or smartphone, sending jobs to a web-connected printer.
Compared to conventional print processes, a cloud print server simplifies your infrastructure, regardless of industry or size.
Quick Overview of Printing and the Cloud
Cloud printing software enables communication with your printer in almost any situation, such as:
- From your computer
- From your dedicated device (desktop, server)
- From your appliance (copy machine, printer, MFD, etc.)
For these situations to work smoothly, cloud management requires an on-premises solution. Otherwise, you have nothing to communicate, coordinate, organize, or manage your printing. Even the most advanced cloud solution can overcome that obstacle.
Ultimately, it’s about creating nodes — in this case, using devices — that play the role of the print server. Nodes are connected at all times. So, when a user sends a print, the cloud reviews your organization’s nodes.
A personal computer at full power could analyze over a hundred large print jobs every 60 seconds. To stress your processing capability, you’d print in the area of 300 big jobs a minute.
By knowing the answer to “What is a cloud printer?,” your vendor can implement processes that result in no sluggishness. Each task gets processed and finished in no time. You see no reduction in performance.
Benefits of a Cloud Print
Here are the benefits to operations when using a cloud print server.
- Costs: The solution lets you meet print demands as needed. It does so while eliminating the need to buy, employ and manage software and hardware.
- Eco-friendliness: Cloud printing is influential in reducing your carbon footprint. The operation minimizes carbon emissions resulting from transportation. It reduces generated waste.
- Software Updates: Gone are the days of hoping your software and drivers are up-to-date. With the cloud, you’re ensured software upgrades will be automatic and real-time. You’ll always have all the latest bells and whistles.
- Simplicity: Fully answering “What is a cloud printer?” means understanding the convenience and simplicity of setting up quickly. You and your team members will be printing in no time.
- IT Servers: Imagine a production that doesn’t require the installation and maintenance for your printers. Forget about taking up space to store them. Printing with the cloud costs a fraction of that operation.
- Ease of Use: By asking, “What is cloud printing?,” you quickly discover printers without any need to install, set up drivers, or perform any other installation.
- Ability to Bring Your Devices: Users can use whatever device they have to print without worrying about compatibility or drivers.
- Use of Legacy Printers: Printing in this manner is a ready application for cloud-ready printers and even your legacy printers. In the latter case, it’s a simple matter of installing a print connector to your current devices.
- Capability to Print From Anywhere: Users no longer have to be within range of a printer to use it. No more running to Staples or finding a local Office Depot.
What Is Cloud Printing? It’s a Game Changer
With this printing, you don’t just send an assignment to the printer. You can define exacting print rules and do so with ease. You customize print settings so that users don’t have to. Personalize the parameters for color printing, page limits, and more.
You also have access to analytics. That gives you insight on who’s printing, what’s printed, etc. Like any data, use it to tailor investments in new machines. Customize guidelines for all the protocols associated with printing on your systems.
Lastly, despite printing over the cloud, security will be enhanced as your host manages the best and latest practices for protecting systems and sensitive information. And it all starts with the question, “What is cloud printing?”
Migrating to Printing via the Cloud Print Server
The simplicity of cloud printing makes migration a simple installation. Depending on the vendor, the only step needed may be an account creation followed by a quick PC connection. Almost immediately, an admin console is ready to go. You then set up your user and group configurations.
Once you can answer “What is a cloud printer?,” you discover how the solution gives you a market edge. Printing over the cloud delivers innovation.
- Updated protocols promote better output with faster print job transfers.
- There’s more efficient load balancing and fewer failures in technology.
- The conversion makes it possible for Android, Windows, and iOS to work within the same print management infrastructure.
- Shared portals let admins define print configurations.
- Users utilize a self-service platform.
Prepare for the Future in the Present
The benefits of the cloud/printer blend are a fundamental influence in controlling costs and improving production, but it doesn’t end there.
The product does offer a strong alternative to legacy productions. A critical aspect of converting is that technology never ceases to evolve.
Traditional printing isn’t flexible. It certainly isn’t as mobile as we need it to be. As much as mobility has improved, it’s still not ready for long-distant printing. There’s no functionality for limited WAN connections. It has no fault tolerance, and it doesn’t support a DaaS-supported platform like Windows Virtual Desktop or Citrix.
Cloud printing tech is ideal for these situations. If you apply the latest desktop solutions as a service, why not introduce printing as a service as well?
For the best results, research a solution based on SaaS and integrate the best of the IoT. Talk with techs about the best ways to pay only for your printer counts or what you need to fit your usage.
Today, no enterprise can exist without printing. We are also well past an era within which print management can be difficult and time-consuming. A cloud-hosted solution is a solid option that greatly enhances printing and operations.
No, the solution is not for everyone. But we would say the larger your organization, the more it meets the needs of communication and collaboration. The installation has appealing advantages for costs, security, and administration.
Soon, printing in the cloud will be as much a part of doing business as the keyboard. Frontier Business Products wants everyone to stay ahead of the curve. We optimize business workflow and IT management solutions. Our experts understand the challenges of staying fully operational and on budget.
We have experience in spotting waste, so our reps will analyze where time and resources aren’t used effectively. We then work with your visionaries, culling through thousands of options in our inventory. We find and implement cost-effective options to solve complex problems and maximize workflow.
How Frontier Business Products Can Help
Frontier Business Products knows how to produce high-performance, high-quality and cost-effective systems that integrate seamlessly into your operations. If you’re wondering, “What is cloud printing?”, we know. Please share this post with anyone who wants that knowledge too. Reach out today to learn more.