Recent ransomware stats paint a worrying picture: numbers are up, villains are becoming more brazen, and victims don’t seem to be learning from past experiences and aren’t using ransomware protection strategies. 2021-2022 provides quite a snapshot of these ugly realities; get ready for some eye-opening facts!
- Ransomware attacks rose astronomically in 2022 – a 25% increase reported by the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report.
- Looking further into 2021, Sophos’s “The State of Ransomware” report reveals an even more staggering 78% spike in ransomware affecting 66% of organizations worldwide.
- The FBI documented $49.2 million lost to ransomware last year – with 3,729 complaints coming through their Internet Crime Complaint Center alone!
- Even U.S critical infrastructure sectors were not safe from these devious tech criminals: earlier this year CISA alerted that at least 14 out of 16 had been affected since 2020.
- VirusTotal’s “Ransomware Global Context” flagged over 130 different ransomware strains making cyber criminal activities increasingly hard to contain
As we face these alarming ransomware trends, protecting your organization from becoming the next victim is more important than ever. To help you stay ahead of the curve, we offer a FREE assessment to evaluate your current security measures, provide ransomware protection strategies, and identify potential weaknesses. Contact us today!
Home sellers are familiar with the dynamics of their local real estate markets and are in a position to make you a competitive price offer. They are knowledgeable about the real estate sector and are able to assist clients in making offers that are acceptable. Visit https://www.cash-buyers.net/arizona/cash-buyers-for-houses-flagstaff-az/.